Engaging and Fun Activities for Kids
Gather a few household materials and enjoy the list of activities for kids listed below. You can make it a family fun time, filled with science activities, art projects, and games. Apologia Science is known for an engaging writing style and science experiments for kids that only require simple items like crayons, glue, paper, straws, tape, etc.
Our list of science activities for kids of all ages (Yes, including you, Mom and Dad!) covers biology, chemistry, zoology, botany, physics, and more. Your family will travel to Mars, discover how germs spread, build a strong bridge out of paper, learn about solar eclipses, and more.
A Special Note About Our Activities for Kids Linked Below
All of Apologia’s science activity resources listed below have been designed to be used with multiple ages in your family. We encourage you to include younger children in activities that may seem above grade level. Your younger kids will still enjoy and learn much from the science activities. In addition, if content seems too young for your older children, have them help teach your younger kids as you enjoy these activities.
BONUS! Homeschool Resources for Parents
For those who are homeschooling their children or thinking about homeschooling, Apologia has been a trusted name in the homeschooling community for over 25 years. Our authors and speakers inlcude active and veteran homeschool parents. We have several homeschool resources to help you as your get started homeschooling or seek additional information on how to homeschool.
Download the free homeschool and curriculum resources below.
How to Homeschool Resources
- Welcome Home – An e-Book for anyone thinking about homeschooling or currently homeschooling, full of articles and information from homeschool veterans. CLICK HERE
- Guide to Apologia Science – Important information about planning your child’s science courses and how to grade their science assignments. CLICK HERE
- Homeschool Curriculum Planning Guide
Science Activities Related to the Human Body
- Understanding The Immune System K-12 CLICK HERE
- Whole Health e-Book covering health and nutrition for high school. Note: This is specifically for upper grades. CLICK HERE
Solar System Activities for Kids
- Exploration to Mars Activity e-Book – This science activity resource is perfect for the upcoming planned July 2020 NASA launch. K-12 CLICK HERE
- Solar Eclipses: A Day with Two Dawns Activity e-Book – Very popular! K-12 CLICK HERE
- Lift Off: Constellations Activity e-Book with BONUS e-Book of 7 additional science activities for kids K-6 CLICK HERE
Important Science Information for Middle School & High School Students
How to Write a Lab Report – This resource was developed to help students understand the reason why knowing how to write a lab report is an important part of the science process. CLICK HERE (Browse to the bottom of the page.)
Physics and Chemistry Science Activities for Kids
- Robots and Catapults – Boredom Busters e-Book K-12 CLICK HERE
- Building a Strong Bridge Science Activity
- Geometric Bubble Fun
- Sound Waves Science Activity
- Invisible Ink Science Activity
Animal Related Science Activities
Season and Holiday Activities for Kids
- We the People: Elections, Presidents, and the Constitution Activity e-Book for K-12 CLICK HERE
- The Science of Autumn Activity e-Book – K-12 CLICK HERE
- Fall in Love with Science Activity e-Book – Fall-related science activities – K-12 CLICK HERE
- Good Tidings: Christmas Activity e-Book – Science, arts and crafts, recipes and more! For the entire family CLICK HERE
- Let Freedom Ring Activity e-Book – Fourth of July activity e-Book K-8 CLICK HERE
Receive the Free Homeschool Curriculum Planning Guide
Subscribe to the Apologia Homeschool-101 e-newsletter and receive your free Curriculum Planning Guide. When you subscribe, you'll join thousands of other homeschooling families around the world who receive our free homeschooling resources, product notifications, discounts, and encouraging articles and devotionals.