The owners, management, and staff at Apologia are Christians who come from many different denominational backgrounds. But they all hold the following fundamental and foundational beliefs in common:
1. We believe in one God who exists in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe God’s attributes include being eternal, holy, loving, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, and sovereign.
3. We believe the Bible, comprised of 39 Old Testament books and 27 New Testament books, is the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God.
4,.We believe truth exists, is knowable, and is absolute.
5. We believe God created the heavens and the earth out of nothing in six days.
6. We believe man is made in the image of God.
7. We believe the first man, Adam, sinned and brought death into the world.
8. We believe Jesus is eternal, was not created, is the only begotten Son of God, is the Christ (i.e., Messiah), was born of a virgin, and lived a sinless life.
9. We believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
10. We believe Jesus ascended into heaven and will return at a time known only by the Father.
11. We believe salvation is not by good works but is by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
12. We believe Christians are to have compassion for the unbeliever, love others as Christ loved us, and share their faith with others.
13. We believe that the dead in Christ will be resurrected, receiving new bodies, to spend eternity with God in a new heaven and a new earth.