The answer is "Na" because, of the elements listed, sodium is the furthest left on the periodic table of elements. To look at the science behind this, please refer to pages 145-148 of the Chemistry 3rd Edition textbook.Tags: Chemistry
- All categories
- CD/DVD Support
- Curriculum Support
15 users online | 15 Guests and 0 Registered
- Last update:
- 2019-01-31 19:28
You cannot comment on this entry
- Do answers need to be in scientific notation or decimal? Is there a general rule?
- Does it matter that my Lewis structures do not look exactly like the ones in the answer book?
- When I try to determine polar or non-polar, my Lewis structures do not lead me to the same conclusions as the book. Why, for example, is CO2 non polar?
- How do you determine the salt produced in acid/base reactions in chemistry Module 9?
- How did you get K2SO4 as a product on Module 9 practice problem 10 in chemistry?
- In Chemistry On Your Own 5.10 (d), why couldn't you put the F's across from each other and the Cl's across from each other? Wouldn't the bonds cancel each other out then and make the molecule non-polar covalent?
- Why is the answer rounded to 2 x 10^3 J/g°C in Module 12, practice problem 10, Exploring Creation with Chemistry?
- In chemistry Example 3.2, how do you do the math?
- In chemistry Example 3.3, how do you do the math?
- How do you figure out the significant figures in practice problem 7 from Module 12 in Chemistry?
- Can I use calculators with your courses? If so, what kind should I use?
- How do you balance the equation in chemistry on your own 9.4c?
- In Chemistry Module 5, Review Question 8, how can two atoms have the same electronegativity? Doesn't it vary as you travel around on the chart?
- How do you know that the salt in chemistry On Your Own 13.1 c is K2CO3?
- Is the periodic table allowed to be used on the tests?
- On Chemistry Module 1 Test, problem 17, why is the answer rounded to the tens place?
- How did you arrive at the answer for problem 14 on the Module 4 Chemistry test?
- Do non-bonding electrons have to be drawn as pairs in a Lewis Structure?
3rd Advanced Biology Advanced Chemistry Advanced Chemsitry Advanced Physics American Literature AP and Honors Astronomy Biology Biology Module 2 Biology Module 6 Biology Module 7 Biology Module 8 Book Extras Botany CD-ROM CD/DVD Support Chemistry Chemistry & Physics Chemistry 3rd Edition Chemsitry Companion CD Creation/Evolution Discounts Elementary Errata Experiment Experiment 7.1 Experiments Full-Course General General Science General Science 3rd Grade Level Health Health and Nutrition Human Anatomy & Physiology lab report Lab Reports Lewis locked out Marine Biology Math Module 7 MP3 CD Player Multimedia password Physical Science Physics print