Although a mule cannot have offspring, it still satisfies the reproduction criterion for life because its cells reproduce. In order to grow, repair damage, etc., the cells of all multi-cell creatures reproduce quite often. Thus, the mule has the ability to reproduce at the cellular level, which satisfies the criterion.Tags: Biology
- All categories
- CD/DVD Support
- Curriculum Support
137 users online | 137 Guests and 0 Registered
- Last update:
- 2019-02-05 21:42
You cannot comment on this entry
- Why do we recommend biology as a ninth grade course?
- Why do we recommend biology and algebra be taken together?
- Why isn't human anatomy included in Exploring Creation with Biology?
- What are the specifications of the microscope Apologia sells for the biology courses?
- Why do cells go through Meiosis 1? They could just do Meiosis 2 and be done with it.
- Is it possible to have an allele that is not completely dominant (biology module 8)?
- How are multiple seeds formed within a fruit? Are there multiple carpels in a plant or multiple ovules in each carpel?
- If pollen can land anywhere, why doesn't the pollen of one species of plant fertilize the ovule of another species of plant, making some kind of cross between the plants?
- Are the Apologia high school courses considered AP?
- How do I acquire alternate tests offered for junior high and high school sciences?
- Since viruses have RNA or DNA, aren't they alive?
- In biology, you say that scientists will never discover the secret ingredient of life. What about cloning?
- Mules are infertile and thus cannot produce offspring. Since one criterion for life is the ability to reproduce, is a mule not alive?
- Has microevolution actually been observed?
- Is a Venus Flytrap a consumer or a producer?
- How many ATPs are made in aerobic respiration?
- Can I use calculators with your courses? If so, what kind should I use?
3rd Advanced Biology Advanced Chemistry Advanced Chemsitry Advanced Physics American Literature AP and Honors Astronomy Biology Biology Module 2 Biology Module 6 Biology Module 7 Biology Module 8 Book Extras Botany CD-ROM CD/DVD Support Chemistry Chemistry & Physics Chemistry 3rd Edition Chemsitry Christian school Companion CD Creation/Evolution Discounts Elementary Elodea Errata Experiment Experiment 2.1 Experiment 7.1 Experiments Full-Course General General Science General Science 3rd Grade Level Health Health and Nutrition Human Anatomy & Physiology lab report Lab Reports Lewis locked out Marine Biology Math Module 7 MP3 CD Player Multimedia password