The 3rd Edition of General Science is very different from the 2nd Edition; it is truly a general science course. While the 2nd Edition spent a great deal of time focusing on the human body, the 3rd Edition covers a broader variety of sciences that the 2nd Edition did not, such as astronomy, meteorology, oceanography, general chemistry, general physics, and environmental science. Additionally, the 3rd Edition is a shorter course, as it only has 14 modules. With the 3rd Edition, the Student Notebook is more integrated with the textbook, making it more instructional in regards to note-taking, writing lab reports, and test-taking. Because of these changes, the 3rd Edition is more of a foundational course as students transition through junior high into high school science courses. We have also added the Video Instruction Thumb Drive, which is a helpful resource to help students work through the course more independently.Tags: General Science
- All categories
- CD/DVD Support
- Curriculum Support
10 users online | 10 Guests and 0 Registered
- Last update:
- 2019-07-18 21:51
You cannot comment on this entry
- What grades is General Science 3rd Edition designed to teach?
- How is General Science 3rd Edition different than General Science 2nd Edition?
- What does General Science 3rd Edition cover?
- What is in the table of contents for General Science 3rd Edition?
- Is the Student Notebook required for General Science 3rd Edition?
- Are there experiments and lab reports in General Science 3rd Edition?
- Are there exams in General Science 3rd Edition?
- Why did you replace the older edition of General Science?
- Can I use the 2nd Edition Student Notebook with the 3rd Edition General Science textbook?
- Can I use the General Science 2nd Edition textbook with the General Science 3rd Edition Student Notebook?
- Who is the author of General Science 3rd Edition?
- Does my student have to take General Science or can they skip to Physical Science?
- How much more difficult is General Science 3rd Edition than the Young Explorer Series - is it going to be a big leap?
- Why isn't there a companion CD for General Science 3rd Edition?
- How long will it take to complete General Science 3rd Edition?
- How long is each lesson in General Science 3rd Edition?
- Is there a kit for General Science 3rd Edition? Where can I purchase it?
- Can I still get General Science 2nd Edition?
- Why aren't answers provided for the General Science Student Notebook note-taking section?
- Clarifications on several topics and specific pages in the 3rd Edition textbook.
- General Science 3rd Edition, Module 3 Test
3rd Advanced Biology Advanced Chemistry Advanced Chemsitry Advanced Physics American Literature AP and Honors Astronomy Biology Biology Module 2 Biology Module 6 Biology Module 7 Biology Module 8 Book Extras Botany CD-ROM CD/DVD Support Chemistry Chemistry & Physics Chemistry 3rd Edition Chemsitry Christian school Companion CD Creation/Evolution Discounts Elementary Elodea Errata Experiment Experiment 2.1 Experiment 7.1 Experiments Full-Course General General Science General Science 3rd Grade Level Health Health and Nutrition Human Anatomy & Physiology lab report Lab Reports Lewis locked out Marine Biology Math Module 7 MP3 CD Player Multimedia password