We recommend algebra and bioogy together because biology is a freshman-level course, and algebra marks the spot at which a student is at a freshman level when it comes to science and math. If your student is READY for algebra, he or she is, most likely, ready for biology. There are also a few studies that indicate that the two subjects complement each other on a cognitive level. Taking biology and algebra together insures that the math prerequisites for chemistry and physics will have been met.Tags: Biology, General, Math
- Last update:
- 2019-02-05 20:10
You cannot comment on this entry
- Why are zeros at the end of the number and not to the right of the decimal not considered significant?
- Why do we recommend biology and algebra be taken together?
- Help on calorimetry problems
- More help on calorimetry problems
- How do I do math with scientific notation?
- Do answers need to be in scientific notation or decimal? Is there a general rule?
- How to determine significant figures with addition and subtraction.
- When should you round the numbers to take significant figures into account?
- When are zeros significant?
- In Physical Science Example 9.6 the equation time changes from 1.2 seconds to 1.44 seconds without explanation. Why was this done?
- In Physics Module 8 test question 8, if centripetal force depends on the inverse of r, why is the closer satellite the one that moves faster?
- Why do I get different answers when I use the equation for the speed of sound in Physical Science?
- Why is the answer rounded to 2 x 10^3 J/g°C in Module 12, practice problem 10, Exploring Creation with Chemistry?
- In chemistry Example 3.2, how do you do the math?
- In chemistry Example 3.3, how do you do the math?
- Can I use calculators with your courses? If so, what kind should I use?
- How to do scientific notation on a calculator
- General help on Significant Figures.
- What are the math prerequisites for Physical Science?
3rd Advanced Biology Advanced Chemistry Advanced Chemsitry Advanced Physics American Literature AP and Honors Astronomy Biology Biology Module 2 Biology Module 6 Biology Module 7 Biology Module 8 Book Extras Botany CD-ROM CD/DVD Support Chemistry Chemistry & Physics Chemistry 3rd Edition Chemsitry Companion CD Creation/Evolution Discounts Elementary Errata Experiment Experiment 7.1 Experiments Full-Course General General Science General Science 3rd Grade Level Health Health and Nutrition Human Anatomy & Physiology lab report Lab Reports Lewis locked out Marine Biology Math Module 7 MP3 CD Player Multimedia password Physical Science Physics print