How to Homeschool with Stunning Confidence, Contagious Joy, and Amazing Focus
Get Started Homeschooling with Confidence
Whether you are getting started with your homeschool journey or have been on this path for some time, we want to help you be confident, joyous, and focused in your homeschooling. Our reasons for homeschooling are often as varied as our families. There are some common threads, however, and struggles we all face at one time or another. As you research how to homeschool and prepare your homeschool plan, you will find you have even more questions about homeschooling.
Common Questions Parents Ask as They Get Started Homeschooling
As you begin to gather information on homeschooling so many questions arise, such as:
- How do I set up our homeschool?
- What exactly do we need to get started homeschooling?
- How do I choose curriculum for our homeschool?
- How do we organize our homeschool days and homeschool year?
- Where do we find a support system and keep our relationships healthy with family and friends?
Plus, let’s be honest, some homeschooling days are going to get tough. How do we find the conviction to continue homeschooling?
You are not alone. These are common homeschooling questions every homeschool parent asks as they consider how to homeschool their children. Where do you find answers, encouragement, and guidance?
Where to Get the Homeschool Information You Need
As you research homeschooling, you will find yourself making a long list of questions. There are many plans to be made, and you are committed to doing the best job possible.
Do not be overwhelmed!
There is a comprehensive resource where you will get answers to your homeschool questions and be able to journal your homeschool plan as you get started homeschooling.
How to Homeschool with Stunning Confidence, Contagious Joy, and Amazing Focus DVD course by Rachael Carman and Leslie Nunnery and published by Apologia Educational Ministries, Inc.
Rachael Carman is a well-known speaker, author, and blogger. She is married to Davis, the owner and president of Apologia Educational Ministries—the top-rated, award-winning publisher of Creation-based science, Bible, and language arts curriculum for homeschooling families. Rachael is the mother of seven kids and grandmother to one little girl.
Leslie Leslie Nunnery and her husband David founded Teach Them Diligently, the nation’s premier source for gospel-centered homeschool events. With seven years of homeschooling experience from preschool-high school and a passion to encourage and equip homeschool families, this mom of 4 shares her know-how and insights weekly through Teach Them Diligently.
The Key Homeschool Information You Need to Know
In just 15 honest, heart-to- heart sessions, Rachael and Leslie will guide and encourage you through:
- The who, what, where, when, how, and why of homeschooling. They will address how to actually get started, what you need to consider and what you don’t, how to set up your home school, where to go for more information, and much more! There’s a ton of practical advice and instruction peppered throughout this class.
- The confidence and conviction to homeschool. These will come with knowledge and are a couple of big
reasons for taking this course. Rachael and Leslie want to help you secure the confidence and conviction to start and persevere in this journey.
- The goal setting process. Setting your goals and objectives and determining your “why” will give you the confidence to continue the journey when the inevitable detours, roadblocks, and setbacks occur.
- Organizing your your thoughts, your days, and your home school. They will discuss how to approach your day and year and what happens when your well-organized day goes off track (which sometimes happens before 9 am!). They will talk about homeschool rooms and supplies and answer the question: What do I really need in order to accomplish what God has called me to do?
- How to choose—and how not to choose—a curriculum. The program contains worksheets and resources in the online appendix that will help you narrow down the daunting range of options available to your family. Never before have there been so many incredible resources available to homeschool families! They hope to give you some direction to help you find the perfect fit for each of your children.
- An overview of some of the many different types of resources available for homeschool families today, including online resources, co-ops, accountability groups, legal resources, helps, and much more.
- Discipline. You will definitely need some stick-to-itiveness, tenacity, and determination to complete the homeschool journey. Drawing from personal experience and lessons learned along the way, Rachael and Leslie will try to encourage your heart and point you in the right direction to take a disciplined approach to home education. They have each “stubbed a toe” so many times in our efforts that some of our failures might just help you avoid making the same mistakes they have.
7. Relationships. Home education is a major lifestyle change that can have a positive effect on every relationship in your life. Without a proper perspective and heart attitude, however, it can also have a damaging effect on those same relationships. This is a critical point in the success of your homeschool, so Rachael and Leslie take several opportunities to address relationship maintenance. Healthy relationships provide critical support for a healthy home school!
Before you watch each episode, take a few minutes to read the corresponding chapter in the workbook. BONUS homeschool information is included with this study is an online appendix full of helpful how to homeschool resources and additional how to homeschool information.
We hope you’re ready to embark on a one-of-a-kind journey that God has planned just for you.Let’s jump in together and learn How to Homeschool with Stunning Confidence, Contagious Joy, and Amazing Focus.