What’s Included In Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Chemistry, 3rd Edition, Advantage Set™?
Our award-winning high school chemistry course is now better than ever! This revised edition offers more in-depth discussions and explanations of concepts, as well as biographical sketches of Christian scientists who have made a difference in the field while giving the glory to God.
This course provides a rigorous foundation in chemistry in order to prepare your student for college-level studies.
- Please note that our Chemistry 3rd edition textbook has been reprinted in a softcover version. This set contains the new softcover textbook. You can read our complete formal statement about this transition on our FAQ Knowledge Base here.
- This AdvantageSet™ includes three items from Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Chemistry, 3rd Edition, product line: the student softcover textbook, Solutions & Tests Manual, and Student Notebook.
- To receive a full refund, all items within this set must be returned unopened. If only some of the products are returned the refund amount will be adjusted accordingly and the discount will be forfeited.
- Once the Solutions and Test Manual is opened, it is not eligible for a return.
Overview of Exploring Creation with Chemistry, 3rd Edition, Softcover Textbook
High school students who study chemistry with Apologia are equipped not only for future college studies but more importantly, life! We aren’t just an academically rigorous textbook. Using a conversational tone, we present challenging science concepts and thought-provoking experiments in an easily navigated, personalized format to help students methodically learn, self-check, and master difficult concepts before moving on. We keep science relevant as well as in its proper place as the means to explore creation!
We recommend that students taking this course be proficient at an algebra math level. Topics include significant figures, units, classification, the mole concept, stoichiometry, thermochemistry, thermodynamics, kinetics, acids and basics, redox reactions, solutions, atomic structure, Lewis structures, molecular geometry, gas laws, and equilibrium. Experiments include measuring specific heat, discovering the electrical conductivity of compounds dissolved in water, measuring the width of a molecule, exploring freezing, point depression, using the ideal gas equation, recognizing the effects of catalysts, and much more.
Exploring Creation with Chemistry provides a detailed introduction to the methods and concepts of general chemistry, as well as a multitude of chemistry lab experiments that develop the concepts further.
The 16 modules and their experiments in this course cover:
- Measurement, Units, and the Scientific Method.
- Atoms and Molecules
- Atomic Structure
- Molecular Structure
- Polyatomic Ions and Molecular Geometry
- Changes in Matter and Chemical Reactions
- Describing Chemical Reactions
- Acid-Base Chemistry
- The Chemistry of Solutions
- The Gas Phase
- Energy, Heat, and Temperature
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Reduction-Oxidation Reactions
The materials used in this chemistry course, are mostly common substances found around your home. Specialized materials can be purchased if desired.
This sample opens in a new window.
What Customers Are Saying About Exploring Creation with Chemistry, 3rd Edition:
“I have used your fantastic curriculum for biology, advanced biology, chemistry, advanced chemistry, and physics. These books have allowed me to pursue my goal to become a medical doctor. I’m currently using your advanced biology to study for the MCAT (Medical College Admissions Test). Thanks so much!”
“Our family enjoys Apologia’s conversational style, familiar to students raised on Charlotte Mason-style living books. We also appreciate the seamless addition of Scripture and Creation information in Exploring Creation with Chemistry; it better prepares us to give solid scientific answers to support our Biblical beliefs without compromising our faith or scientific integrity. Ultimately, there is no better reason to study chemistry, and this is where Apologia excels. Overall, we appreciate how well Apologia’s award-winning chemistry program plucks panicked parents out of the quicksand and sets them on solid Biblical and scientific ground.”
Christy Bagasao, The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine
Solutions and Tests Manual
The softbound Solutions and Test Manual, which contains answers to Study Guide questions, module summaries, tests, and test solutions. A set of Test Pages is shrink-wrapped with the manual. Please Note: Once the shrink wrap is removed, this product is not eligible for return.
Colleges want to see a lab component on your student’s high school transcript. This isn’t optional, and Apologia’s award-winning homeschool high school chemistry course and the Student Notebook is designed to meet this requirement without stressing your homeschool environment.
Plus, note-taking helps increase retention of information, review for tests, and produce a record of their thoughts as they connect the ideas presented in the textbook with their own ideas.
Additionally, a student notebook helps students keep a carefully organized, detailed, and complete lab notebook, recording labs they conducted using proper scientific methodology.
Taking good notes can make the difference between mastering a concept and not quite understanding it. Good notes provide the following advantages:
- Students stay focused on what they are reading.
- Students pay closer attention, which will increase their retention.
- Students have their own version of the text to review for tests.
- Students learn to connect new information to what they already know.
Apologia Student Notebooks are specifically designed to help students be independent and take responsibility for their science studies as they gain and maintain their personal abilities to create structure and logic through note taking.
The notebook contains:
- A daily schedule
- Note-taking pages
- Lab report pages enable students to meticulously document their laboratory work in a manner that prepares them for college laboratory studies.
- Instruction in creating and interpreting line graphs from data, an essential skill all students need to thrive in science.
About the Student Notebook author: Vicki Dincher holds a master’s degree in biology. Her four children, all homeschooled, have earned or are pursuing graduate degrees in the sciences. Vicki has taught high school science, including Advanced Placement courses, since 1995.
This sample opens in a new window.
Read Additional Information About Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Chemistry, 3rd Edition
New to Apologia Science or want more in-depth information? Visit the Chemistry, 3rd Edition, information page to read more.