Apologia’s Marine Biology course is one of the few homeschool science courses that include an entire education on ecology. It gives students self-directed learning tools to ensure that they thrive and master key science concepts.
God designed the earth’s intricate ecosystem for his glory and the needs of those He created, and it is crucial for Christians in our day to accurately understand the ocean’s ecosystems and resources and how we can best steward them.
What’s Included In Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Marine Biology, 2nd Edition, Advantage Set?
This Apologia Advantage Set includes:
- Student Softcover Textbook
- Student Notebook
- Solutions and Tests
- Test Pages (included with the manual)
This homeschool Marine Biology course is rigorous and will provide your student with a thorough understanding of Marine Biology. We recommend it as a high school course as it requires knowledge of general biology and assumes that your student has previously participated in biological lab activities such as experiments, dissections, and microscopy.
Apologia is written in a conversational tone directly to the student, and while at times the ideas are complex, it is also written in a way that is accessible and easy to understand.
Topics covered include:
- The Process of Life
- Geography of the Oceans
- Reproduction in the Sea
- Classifying Life in the Sea
- Kingdom Protista: The Unicellular Algae
- Kingdom Protista: The Marine Protozoans
- Kingdom Protista: The Multicellular Algae
- Kingdom Monera
- Kingdom Fungi
- Kingdom Plantae
- Marine Invertebrates
- Marine Vertebrates
- Marine Ecology
- The Intertidal Zone
- Estuary Communities
- Coral Reefs
- Continental Shelf Communities
- The Epipelagic Zone
- The Deep Ocean
- Ocean Resources
- Effects of Humans of the Sea
The Exploring Creation with Marine Biology, 2nd edition, Student Notebook pairs strategically with the Marine Biology Textbook. This Student Notebook is designed to help your student make the transition to high school science and foster the independence, organization and preparation they will need to academically thrive.
Taking good notes can make the difference between mastering a concept and not quite understanding it. Good note-taking provide the following advantages:
- Students stay focused on what they are reading.
- Students pay closer attention, which will increase their retention.
- Students have their own version of the text to review for tests.
- Students learn to connect new information to what they already know.
Apologia student notebooks are specifically designed to help students be independent and take responsibility for their science studies as they gain and maintain their personal abilities to create structure and logic through note-taking. In this notebook, they will keep a carefully organized, detailed, and complete lab notebook, recording labs they conducted using proper scientific methodology.
The Student Notebook contains:
- Note-taking pages
- Instruction in the Cornell note-taking system
- Space to answer all study questions found in the textbook
- Lab report forms for each experiment in the text, which will help your student master the process of writing a complete lab report