The third book in the Exploring Creation with Mathematics Series, Apologia’s hands-on, interactive elementary math curriculum, Exploring Creation with Mathematics, Level 3 leads your child on a joyous journey discovering new things about the world, the universe, and their Creator.
What’s Included In Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Mathematics, Level 3 Basic Set?
This Basic Set includes:
When used together, these items provide your student with an optimal homeschool learning experience.
Download Apologia’s free math placement guide to determine which level will best fit your child.
In Exploring Creation with Mathematics, Level 3 students will grow more proficient in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, and learn more about data collection and graphing, begin fractions and jump deeper into geometry. Through activities, projects, and games that guide your student’s comprehension of using numbers in everyday life, this curriculum also encourages your child to ponder creation on a new level.
Utilizing a mastery approach, the Exploring Creation with Mathematics Series helps your student advance strategically through lessons, projects, and reviews, enabling them to apply the math they have learned to their lives. The author moves through the material following a specific progression and 4-step approach. This series fosters an appreciation for math and will have your child looking forward to doing math every day.
In this course your student will find:
- Seeing Our Creator devotionals connect math concepts your child learns to God and His creation
- A suggested daily schedule, with thoughtful, systematic pacing through concepts
- Skills practice, with exciting, easy-to-set-up games, ensuring your child is prepared for new levels
- Hands-on activities, games, and projects using the provided activity sheets and household products aid your child in making tangible connections to the abstract concepts learned
- Colorful, age-appropriate lesson layouts and page design make learning more inviting for your student
- Options and suggestions for customizing a lesson to meet your child’s needs
- Supply lists, answers to the problems, teaching tips, and suggestions for taking an activity further
Lesson Plans and Materials
This course is designed to be done 4 days a week for 28 weeks, and each lesson takes 30 to 45 minutes. A suggested daily schedule is included with this course so your student easily understands what is expected of them each day, while also providing flexibility to meet the needs of your student and family.
To be able to fully use this course, some common household and math manipulative items will be needed. Nothing fancy…things like dry beans for counting or a base ten block set for math manipulatives. A complete list of suggested items is included in the Teaching Guide & Answer Key.
Watch and Learn More
Author Kathryn Gomes explains the concrete, pictorial, and abstract learning progression in Exploring Creation with Mathematics.