Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition, is a college-prep course that provides an advanced study of the human body’s 11 organ systems. This 2nd edition has updated discussions and photographs, as well as new content. If a student completes the entire course, including documenting in a lab notebook all of the labs, experiments, and dissections, it can be counted as an honors course.
What’s Included In Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology, 2nd Edition, SuperSet™?
Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition, SuperSet™ includes five items from Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology product line: the student softcover textbook, Solutions & Tests Manual, the Student Notebook, the MP3 Audio CD, and the Video Instructional DVD.
- Prerequisites: Biology & Chemistry
- Recommended Grade: 12
- Please note that our Advanced Biology textbook has been reprinted in a softcover version. You can read our complete formal statement about this transition on our FAQ Knowledge Base here.
- To receive a full refund, all items within this set must be returned unopened. If only some of the products are returned the refund amount will be adjusted accordingly and the discount will be forfeited.
- Once the Solutions and Tests Manual is opened, it is not eligible for a return. Once the MP3 Audio CD is opened, it is not eligible for a return. Once the Video Instructional DVD is opened, it is not eligible for a return.
Overview of Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition, Softcover Textbook
This homeschool high school human body course covers both the anatomy and physiology of each of the human body’s organ systems for those students who have successfully completed high school biology and chemistry classes. It is recommended for 12th grade, although it could be taken earlier if the science prerequisites are met. When fully completed, this course can be listed as honors and/or an advanced course on high school transcripts. You can rest assured that the subject matter covered in this course is rigorous enough to prepare students for college-level work. Please note that the reproductive system is covered in detail, including accurate yet respectful illustrations and descriptions.
This study will introduce the organizational levels of the human body from a single cell to the 11 major organ systems:
The softcover student textbook contains all student material, study questions, laboratory exercises, and module study guides with color photos and illustrations. The second edition of our Human Body course includes the following enhanced features:
- High-quality color illustrations
- More in-depth discussions and explanations of concepts
- Online resources that explore concepts in more detail
- Greater emphasis on connecting creation to the Creator
- Prerequisites: Biology and Chemistry
- Recommended Grade: 12
- Although the Anatomy Coloring Book is optional the textbook does assign activities from the coloring book. We recommend Kaplan Anatomy Coloring Book, 6th or 7th edition.
Solutions and Tests Manual
The Solutions and Tests Manual for Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology, 2nd Edition, contains answers to Study Guide questions, the blank tests, and test solutions. One test packet is shrink-wrapped with this manual. Once the shrink wrap is removed, this product is not eligible for return
This high-quality spiral-bound notebook is specifically designed to help your student make a successful transition to high school science. This homeschool resource will help them feel accomplished and be more independent, organized, and prepared.
Note-taking helps increase retention of information, review for tests, and produce a record of their thoughts as they connect the ideas presented in the textbook with their own ideas.
Additionally, a student notebook helps students keep a carefully organized, detailed, and complete lab notebook, recording labs they conducted using proper scientific methodology.
Taking good notes can make the difference between mastering a concept and not quite understanding it. Good notes provide the following advantages:
- Students stay focused on what they are reading.
- Students pay closer attention, which will increase their retention.
- Students have their own version of the text to review for tests.
- Students learn to connect new information to what they already know.
Apologia Student Notebooks are specifically designed to help students be independent and take responsibility for their science studies as they gain and maintain their personal abilities to create structure and logic through note taking.
The notebook contains:
- A suggested daily schedule
- Note-taking pages
- Instruction in the Cornell note-taking system
- Space to answer all study questions found in the textbook
- Lab report forms for each experiment in the text will help your student master the process of writing a complete lab report
- Illustrations that are not found in the textbook which ensure that the student is indeed learning all that they can from their labs
- “Design Your Own Experiment” section walks students through the steps involved in designing and conducting their own experiments
About the Student Notebook author: Vicki Dincher holds a master’s degree in biology. Her four children, all homeschooled, have earned or are pursuing graduate degrees in the sciences. Vicki has taught high school science, including Advanced Placement courses, since 1995.
The sample opens in a new window.
MP3 Audio CD
This is the audiobook version of Exploring Creation with Biology, Apologia’s award-winning, college-prep biology course that provides a detailed introduction to the methods and concepts of general biology. This is the perfect accompaniment to the book for students who are auditory learners, slow readers, or have other learning disabilities that make reading difficult.
This item is not returnable once opened! Please note that this is not a standard CD. It is an MP3 CD. This means that in order to listen to this CD, you must play it in an MP3-compatible CD player or on a computer. Please note that although this audiobook is a direct reading from the textbook, occasionally words or sentences have been altered in this recording to ensure a high-quality listening experience, and the words in the book, therefore, may not track exactly with the words of the audio.
You may hear a sample of the audio by clicking on the view sample button below.
The sample opens in a new window.
Video Instruction DVD
Enhance your student’s coursework for Advanced Biology: The Human Body 2nd Edition with this outstanding video instructional DVD featuring Apologia author Sherri Seligson. With on-location footage and more than twenty hours of instruction, this multi-disc DVD also contains PowerPoint lectures, animated diagrams of difficult concepts, and video presentations of every experiment from the textbook.
Your student will have a deeper and clearer understanding of human anatomy and physiology that goes beyond a textbook and static illustrations.
Additionally, videos of all the experiments are included, so parents and students can better understand how to set them up at home. Complete explanations of the labs are provided too.
You may view the Video Instruction Table of Contents by clicking the button below.
The file opens in a new window.
Additional Information About Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology, 2nd Edition
New to Apologia Science or want more in-depth information? Visit the Biology, 2nd Edition information page to read more.
Samples of the instructional video with Sherri Seligson: