Apologia’s homeschool biology course for high school is an award-winning, college-prep course that provides a detailed introduction to the methods and concepts of general biology. With a strong emphasis on vocabulary and experiments, Exploring Creation with Biology, 2nd Edition, provides the student with a solid background in biology which is presented in a readable, conversational tone.
- Coming Soon – Exploring Creation with Biology 3rd Edition. Once the Biology 2nd Edition products are sold out, they will be out of print. If you are still in need of the 2nd edition products once we are out of stock, please check with Christian Book, Rainbow Resource Center, or any of our other retail partners.
- The Exploring Creation with Biology SuperSet™ includes five items from Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Biology product line: the textbook, Solutions and Test Manual, Student Notebook, MP3 audio CD, and Video Instruction Thumb Drive.
- To receive a full refund, all items within this set must be returned unopened. If only some of the products are returned the refund amount will be adjusted accordingly and the discount will be forfeited.
- Once the Solutions and Test Manual is opened, it is not eligible for a return. Once the MP3 CD is opened, it is not eligible for return. Once the Instructional Video is opened, it is not eligible for a return.
What’s Included In Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Biology, 2nd Edition, SuperSet™?
Exploring Creation with Biology, 2nd Edition, is designed to be the student’s first high school science course and is a college-prep biology course that provides a detailed introduction to the methods and concepts of general biology.
Our award-winning, homeschool, high school biology includes:
- A heavy emphasis on the vocabulary of biology so that students are properly prepared to have scientific discussions
- A strong background in the scientific method so that students are trained for laboratory sciences in other high school science courses, as well as university studies
- Labs that cover experimentation, field studies, microscopy, and dissection
- An introduction to classification, biochemistry, cellular biology, molecular and Mendelian genetics, evolution, ecosystems, and much more
Solutions & Test Manual
The Solutions and Test Manual only for Exploring Creation with Biology, 2nd Edition, contains answers to Study Guide questions, module summaries, tests, and test solutions. One test packet is shrink-wrapped with this manual. Once the shrink wrap is removed, this product is not eligible for return.
This high-quality spiral-bound notebook is specifically designed to help your student make a successful transition to high school science. This homeschool resource will help them feel accomplished and be more independent, organized, and prepared.
Note-taking helps increase retention of information, review for tests, and produce a record of their thoughts as they connect the ideas presented in the textbook with their own ideas.
Additionally, a student notebook helps students keep a carefully organized, detailed, and complete lab notebook, recording labs they conducted using proper scientific methodology.
Taking good notes can make the difference between mastering a concept and not quite understanding it. Good notes provide the following advantages:
- Students stay focused on what they are reading.
- Students pay closer attention, which will increase their retention.
- Students have their own version of the text to review for tests.
- Students learn to connect new information to what they already know.
Apologia Student Notebooks are specifically designed to help students be independent and take responsibility for their science studies as they gain and maintain their personal abilities to create structure and logic through note taking.
The notebook contains:
- A daily schedule
- Note-taking pages
- Instruction in the Cornell note-taking system Space to answer all study questions found in the textbook
- Lab report forms for each experiment in the text will help your student master the process of writing a complete lab report
- Illustrations that are not found in the textbook which ensure that the student is indeed learning all that they can from their labs
- “Design Your Own Experiment” section walks students through the steps involved in designing and conducting their own experiments
About the Student Notebook author: Vicki Dincher holds a master’s degree in biology. Her four children, all homeschooled, have earned or are pursuing graduate degrees in the sciences. Vicki has taught high school science, including Advanced Placement courses, since 1995.
The sample opens in a new window.
MP3 Audio CD
This is the audiobook version of Exploring Creation with Biology, Apologia’s award-winning, college-prep biology course that provides a detailed introduction to the methods and concepts of general biology. This is the perfect accompaniment to the book for students who are auditory learners, slow readers, or have other learning disabilities that make reading difficult.
This item is not returnable once opened! Please note that this is not a standard CD. It is an MP3 CD. This means that in order to listen to this CD, you must play it in an MP3-compatible CD player or on a computer. Please note that although this audiobook is a direct reading from the textbook, occasionally words or sentences have been altered in this recording to ensure a high-quality listening experience, and the words in the book, therefore, may not track exactly with the words of the audio.
You may hear a sample of the audio by clicking on the view sample button below.
The sample opens in a new window.
Click the Read More Info button below to view a helpful resource listing the MP3 CD tracks and files.
The file opens in a new window.
Instructional Video Thumb Drive
In the videos that accompany Exploring Creation with Biology, 2nd Edition, Sherri Seligson lectures, corresponding to all the titled sections of the textbook, using visual animations and on-location video clips. This helps students absorb the concepts in a richer and more engaging way, and it encompasses all types of learners. The animations help explain more difficult concepts in a three-dimensional, interactive way rather than in a static, two-dimensional text only. And the medium allows students to review material until they really understand it. Additionally, videos of all the experiments are included, so parents and students can better understand how to set them up at home. Complete explanations of the labs are provided too.
- The video content is presented on a USB thumb drive.
- Once this product is opened, it is not eligible for a return.
Click the Read More Info button below to view a helpful resource listing the video instruction menu.
The file opens in a new window.
To use this USB product you must have:
- A USB port on your Windows or Mac computer (USB 2.0 or higher recommended)
- A web browser to display the menu on the disc (no internet connection required)]
- A program capable of playing .mp4 files (such as QuickTime, VLC Player, or Windows Media Player)
Additional Information About Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Biology, 2nd Edition
New to Apologia Science or want more in-depth information? Visit the Biology, 2nd Edition information page to read more.
Samples of the instructional video with Sherri Seligson: