Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics is part of the award-winning Young Explorer Series–voted the #1 homeschool science curriculum for over 11 years in a row.
This set is not eligible for additional discounts. Additional Notebooking Journals or Junior Notebooking Journals for Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics may be purchased in the same order as this set for 15% off regular retail price.
What is Included in This Apologia Super Set
- Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics Textbook
- Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics Regular Notebooking Journal (recommended for grades 3-6)
- Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics MP3 Audiobook CD
PLEASE NOTE: The MP3 CD is not returnable once opened.
Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics Textbook
Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics is a homeschool science course for elementary grades K-6 and part of our Young Explorer Series authored by Jeannie Fulbright. The Young Explorer Series has been voted the #1 homeschool science for elementary grades.
Introduce your children to the fascinating world of chemistry and physics! The activities and projects in this course are sure to delight and inspire your young minds. They’ll begin by exploring the basic building blocks of creation, atoms and molecules, and then journey through simple chemicals, the laws of motion, and energy in its many forms, before discovering concepts of electricity and magnetism. Along the way, your students will make a bouncy ball, formulate a smoke bomb, build a solar oven, construct a working periscope, fashion a miniature motor, and create a lava lamp! All the while, God will be glorified as the Master Designer of all that they’re discovering about the world and how it works. This exciting course will give your students a love for learning and confidence in science that will carry them through the school years and beyond.
It is an engaging way to teach your young students just how God made everything in the universe. Jeannie Fulbright presents a scientifically sound and God-honoring study that covers atoms, molecules, simple chemicals, laws of motion, electricity, magnetism, and simple machines
There are 14 lessons included in this one-year Chemistry and Physics course. A detailed daily lesson plan is included in the Notebooking Journals.
Lesson topics include:
- Matter and the properties of matter, including density, mass, volume, lustre, hardness, smell, and more
- Periodic Table of Elements
- Compound Chemistry: crystals, plastic
- Acids and Bases
- Chemical Reactions
- Heterogeneous and Homogeneous Mixtures
- Motion and Newton’s Three Laws of Motion
- Friction, Gravity, Acceleration, and Force
- Types and Forms of Energy: Kinetic, Potential, Chemical, Nuclear, Wind, Solar, Hydrogen, Geothermal, and more
- Sound Energy
- Light – Sources and Properties
- Thermal Energy
- Electricity: Electrons, Static Electricity
- Types of Circuits,
This Chemistry and Physics course for elementary grades is packed with a variety of hands-on activities, experiments, and projects. These can be completed with household materials. You can view the complete list of lab supplies by viewing the sample here.
What Are Some of the Activities in This Chemistry and Physics Course?
The activities and projects use easy-to-find household items and truly make the lessons come alive!
A Sampling of the course projects include:
- Making a lava lamp
- Creating a Periodic Table of Elements out of cookies
- Growing crystals
- Filtering Water
- Creating a soundproof box
- Testing paper airplane designs
- Making a periscope
- Building a flashlight
- Building a solar oven
- And much more!
What is the Daily Schedule for Chemistry and Physics?
We have provided a detailed daily schedule for Chemistry and Physics in the front of each Notebooking Journal and Junior Notebooking Journal. This schedule specifically outlines what to read and what activities to complete, as it fits your family’s needs.
We recommend that you spend the entire school year covering this book, devoting approximately two sessions per week to the course.
Please note that many of the activities and projects in this book are long-term with results that can take several days to observe. Thus, you will have to be flexible in how you schedule your time.
Chemistry and Physics Notebooking Journal for Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics
A perfect complement to Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics, the Chemistry and Physics Notebooking Journal provides everything your student needs to complete his study of chemistry and physics. Not only does it include all the wonderful features of our other Junior Notebooking Journals in the Young Explorer Series, but it also includes an alternative Cold Climate Schedule as well as many additional activities, projects and experiments that can be completed in one day or less.
This Notebooking Journal will serve as your child’s individual notebook, providing a place for him to complete every assignment in the text. He will illustrate and record fascinating facts and information learned during each lesson, complete the notebooking assignments on specially designed templates, record experiments, activities and projects, complete vocabulary crossword puzzles, put together beautifully designed miniature books, and more!
The Benefits of Using the Notebooking Journal
Keeping a scientific notebook has always been standard scientific practice. Apologia’s Notebooking Journals have been designed to:
- Facilitate retention and provide documentation of your student’s education. The unique personal written and artistic expressions incorporate both sides of the brain
- Be flexible and allows for multilevel learning. A twelve-year-old student may write an essay and make an elaborate illustration, while a six-year-old may write one sentence with a stick-figure drawing
- Help students record experiences, observations, and thoughts
- Engage students in the scientific process
- Provide a written history that students can reference as they explore new subject areas
- Give your student a place where they can record and organize experiences and observations
- Provides a place to review their notes to create opinions, and draw conclusions about the way their world works
What’s the Difference Between the Notebooking Journal and Junior Notebooking Journal?
The regular Notebooking Journal for Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics is recommended for use with students who have mastered handwriting, can take notes, and enjoy upper elementary level activities. The regular Notebooking Journals include the following features that are not in the Junior Notebooking Journals:
- Lengthy and technical Vocabulary Crosswords
- What Do You Remember? Written review questions
- Final Review section
The Junior Notebooking Journals are designed for younger students who are still developing basic writing skills. These journals have easier crossword puzzles and activities, easier crossword puzzles and activities, and wider writing lines.
The Notebooking Journals and Junior Notebooking Journals are designed to work together to help accommodate teaching multiple ages in your homeschool.
What Is Included in the Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics Notebooking Journal?
In this Notebooking Journal, you will find:
- A Suggested Schedule for completing the readings, notebooking assignments, activities, and experiments utilizing a two-day per week plan
- Fascinating Facts templates for your student to record what he or she learned in each lesson, using both words and illustrations
- Creative templates for completing the notebooking assignments
- Review Questions for each lesson, which can be answered orally or in writing as a written narration
- Scripture Copywork, including both print and cursive practice, which is a valuable method for not only practicing handwriting but also memorizing Scripture and teaching spelling, grammar and writing
- Project Pages and Scientific Speculation Sheets for your student to use to keep records of experiments, projects, and activities completed throughout the course
- A selection of book and DVD suggestions to complement your student’s studies, as well as projects and experiments to help your student Dig In Deeper
- Beautiful, full-color, lapbook-style Miniature Books for your student to create, encouraging him or her to record facts and information learned in each lesson
- Field Trip Sheets your student can use to keep a record of field trips or outings enjoyed during his or her studies
- A Final Review with fifty questions to be answered either orally or in writing to show off all your student remembers and knows about chemistry and physics
Your child will treasure his Notebooking Journal as he makes it his very own with words and illustrations, reflecting all he has learned in his pursuit of science. Additionally, the journal will serve as your record of your student’s scientific endeavors throughout the year. When your child flips through his notebook, he will be reminded of the knowledge he has attained as he peruses the pages he has created. A variety of activities include full-color mini-books, additional fun experiments, crosswords, and supplementary materials.
MP3 Audio CD of the Textbook
This MP3 CD contains a complete audio recording of the course Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics as read by the author, Jeannie Fulbright. This is the perfect accompaniment for students who are auditory learners, struggling readers, or have other learning disabilities that make reading difficult. It can also be used for students who are not reading on their own yet, or for the entire family to enjoy together.
This item is not returnable once opened! Please note that this is not a standard CD. It is an MP3 CD. This means that in order to listen to this CD, you must play it in an MP3-compatible CD player or on a computer. Please note that although this audiobook is a direct reading from the textbook, occasionally words or sentences have been altered in this recording to ensure a high-quality listening experience, and the words in the book, therefore, may not track exactly with the words of the audio.