Who Am I? And What Am I Doing Here? is the second book in the homeschool What We Believe curriculum series. What children believe is important–it shapes who they are and the choices they make. But it’s growing increasingly difficult for them to understand what is true and what isn’t. They are inundated with competing messages about truth and every song, show, book and game offers its own version of morality, identity and faith. This course is designed to equip your student with the ability to understand the truth about God, the story He is writing in the world, and how He wants to work in and through them.
What’s Included In Apologia’s Who Am I? Super Set?
This homeschool What We Believe curriculum set contains:
When used together, these items provide your student with an optimal homeschool learning experience.
Who Am I? And What Am I Doing Here? is a study designed to help your student understand how they are fearfully and wonderfully made by God and to reflect His character. It will also offer a biblical perspective of identity that will help you and your student as you have conversations about identity. Some biblical truths they’ll encounter in this course include:
- God made me in His image
- He has given me special gifts and a unique purpose in life
- I can creatively express God’s love
- I am meant to think about beautiful and praiseworthy things, especially God and His Word
- I must make decisions based on God’s truth
- I can always know the wise thing to do
- I must cultivate the fruit of the Spirit in my life
- I am a beloved child of God whose true identity is found in Christ.
- What are we doing here?
- What will you make today?
- What’s on your mind?
- Can you trust your feelings?
- Will you choose wisely?
- How will you run the race?
- What kind of fruit are you growing?
- Who do you think you are?
Lesson Plans and Materials
There are 8 lessons in this one-year Who Am I ? course. Detailed lesson plans as well as a suggested daily schedule are included in the Junior Notebooking Journal. This will set you and your student up for success as they work through the course, while also providing flexibility to meet the needs of your student and your family.
Packed with vivid photos and a variety of journaling prompts and activities that will help your student engage and grow in their faith, the Student Textbook and the Student Notebooking Journal team up to bring learning to life. All of the activities and experiments use easy-to-obtain household items and truly make the lessons come alive!