Homeschool Earth Science – Junior Notebooking Journal for Exploring Creation with Earth Science
A perfect complement to Exploring Creation with Earth Science, the Earth Science Junior Notebooking Journal provides everything your student needs to complete this study of earth science. The Junior Notebooking Journals can be used with multiple ages within a family with great ease. The Junior Notebooking Journals are specifically designed with the elementary student in mind. They are fun and interactive with an abundance of colorful, hands-on activities to add to your child’s excitement with science. This Junior Notebooking Journal will serve as your child’s individual notebook, providing a place for them to complete every assignment in the text. Each lesson begins with a coloring page for the student to color while he or she listens to the reading of the text. These pages provide opportunities for active learning while reinforcing the lesson’s content. Following are pages with templates designed to encourage creative expression and written narration. The student can illustrate what they’ve learned and write a sentence or two about the topic. Next, the student is given the opportunity to work with and learn key vocabulary words presented in the text. Also included are helpful and easy-to-follow graphics, engaging mini-books, areas for creative writing, crosswords, and much more. These learning activities are not only interesting, but they also increase the student’s retention of both the important terms and the subject matter presented in the lessons. To make planning a breeze, a detailed schedule is included in the Notebooking Journal and Junior Notebooking Journal. This schedule lists the pages to read in the textbook and the pages to complete in the journal.
The Benefits of Using the Junior Notebooking Journal
Keeping a scientific notebook has always been standard scientific practice. Apologia’s Junior Notebooking Journals have been designed to:
- Facilitate retention and provide documentation of your student’s education. The unique personal written and artistic expressions incorporate both sides of the brain
- Be flexible and allow for multilevel learning. A twelve-year-old student may write an essay and make an elaborate illustration, while a six-year-old may write one sentence with a stick-figure drawing
- Help students record experiences, observations, and thoughts
- Engage students in the scientific process
- Provide a written history that students can reference as they explore new subject areas
- Give your student a place where they can record and organize experiences and observations
- Provide a place to review their notes to create opinions and draw conclusions about the way their world works
What’s the Difference between the Notebooking Journal and Junior Notebooking Journal?
The regular Notebooking Journal for Exploring Creation with Earth Science is recommended for use with students who have mastered handwriting, can take notes, and enjoy upper elementary level activities. The Junior Notebooking Journals are designed for younger students who are still developing basic writing skills. These journals have wider writing lines and include the dotted mid-line to guide beginner writers.
The Notebooking Journal and Junior Notebooking Journal are designed to work together to help accommodate teaching multiple ages in your homeschool.
What Is Included in the Exploring Creation with Earth Science Junior Notebooking Journal?
In this Junior Notebooking Journal, you will find:
- A Suggested Schedule for completing the readings, notebooking assignments, activities, and experiments utilizing a two-day per week plan
- Templates for your student to record what he or she learned in each lesson, using both words and illustrations
- Coloring pages
- Creative templates for completing the Notebooking assignments
- Vocabulary activities to help learn important terms
- Project Pages and other sheets for your student to use to keep records of experiments, projects, and activities completed throughout the course
- Beautiful, full-color Miniature Books for your student to create, encouraging him or her to record facts and information learned in each lesson
- Helpful and engaging graphics to help your student visualize and understand concepts
Your child will treasure this Junior Notebooking Journal as he makes it his very own with words and illustrations, reflecting all he has learned in his pursuit of science. Additionally, the journal will serve as your record of your student’s scientific endeavors throughout the year. When your child flips through his notebook, he will be reminded of the knowledge he has attained as he peruses the pages he has created. A variety of activities include full-color mini-books, additional fun experiments, crosswords, and supplementary materials.
Learn more about homeschool science for elementary grades from Apologia: