My College Road Map is a unique college admissions guide that stands out from other college admissions manuals. First, it is written to and for Christian homeschooled high school and middle school students, not their parents. We believe young people are capable of taking ownership of their education and only need guidance to make intelligent choices that will affect their future.
Second, it is a consumable workbook that will enable you to keep records of your high school activities, courses, grades, and scores, and includes important checklists to help you keep track of the college application process.
Third, it includes a personality quiz that will help you learn more about yourself while identifying several careers and college majors that best fit your God-given dreams and working style.
Fourth, although it is primarily focused on homeschool students, it is an excellent resource for any young person needing college prep guidance.
And finally, it is written by bestselling author and Certified Life Coach, Jeannie Fulbright, MFA, along with her attorney husband, Jeffrey Fulbright, who together have successfully guided their four children into top-ranked colleges, all four receiving full or partial scholarships.
Click the button below to view the book and a sample on Amazon.
My College Road Map will guide you with:
- Why the right college is a good investment and which higher education route is best suited for you (from tech school to ivy league colleges – it’s all here)
- What majors and careers fit well with your unique personality
- How to make yourself an attractive college applicant
- Understanding the different college entrance tests, such as: PSAT, SAT, ACT and CLT
- How to design the perfect high school curriculum to attract your ideal college
- How and why to earn college credit in high school
- Where to get scholarships and aide to pay for college
- How homeschool students navigate the sports scholarships process (NCAA and NAIA)
- The college application process and a checklist to help you stay on track
- Navigating college campus visits to get the most out of your time there (along with worksheets to help you remember details about each college you visit)
- The importance of letters of recommendation and how to get them
- How and why to create a high school portfolio
- How to write an outstanding college or scholarship application essay
- Planning for a smooth transition to college
- And everything in between
This workbook is great for students in any phase of the college preparation process, from middle schoolers to seniors in high school. The earlier you start working through the manual, the smoother your transition from high school to college.