Take your studies wherever you go with the Exploring Creation with Physical Science, 2nd Edition, eBook. It is part of Apologia’s award-winning homeschool science curriculum for middle school students. This course is designed to be the last science course the student takes before high school biology. Thus, we generally recommend it as an 8th-grade course, but students can use it for their 9th-grade-course work. The text discusses such topics as the atmosphere, the hydrosphere, weather, the structure of the earth, environmentalism, the physics of motion, Newton’s Laws, gravity, and astrophysics.
- Coming Soon – Exploring Creation with Physical Science 3rd Edition! Once the Physical Science 2nd Edition products are sold out, they will be out of print. If you are still in need of the 2nd edition products once we are out of stock, please check with Christian Book, Rainbow Resource Center, or any of our other retail partners.
- This ebook does not include the Solutions and Test Manual.
- Recommended level: 8th grade, but some students use it for 9th-grade coursework
What Is Studied In This Course?
This middle school physical science course is specifically designed to be the second course taken during junior high. It is created to give middle school students an understanding of the basic world that surrounds them each day of their lives and the forces in creation so that they can appreciate the real-world relevance of scientific inquiry and the beauty of creation. We believe that students’ educations should prepare them for life, not just an academic year.
Our award-winning, homeschool, junior high physical science course covers:
- Measurement and Units so that students can convert between units in the scientific study
- The Earth, Atmosphere, Hydrosphere, and Lithosphere so that students can appreciate the wonder of our blue planet
- The Weather, so that students can understand the factors that affect the Earth’s weather and how the weather is predicted
- An Introduction to Physics to understand the mechanics of motion, forces, and energy
- Newton’s Laws and the Forces in Creation to understand friction, static and kinetic energy, gravity, electromagnetic forces, and electrical circuits
- Solar System, Stars, and Galaxies to introduce the wonders of our universe
- An Introduction to Chemistry for a basic introduction to atoms and molecule
The sample opens in a new window.
Additional Information About Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Physical Science, 2nd Edition
New to Apologia Science or want more in-depth information? Visit the Physical Science information page to read more.