Take your studies wherever you go! Exploring Creation with Physical Science, 3rd Edition, is part of Apologia’s award-winning homeschool science curriculum for middle school students. This middle school physical science course is specifically designed to be the second course taken during junior high. It is created to give middle school students an understanding of the basic world that surrounds them each day of their lives and the forces in creation so that they can appreciate the real-world relevance of scientific inquiry and the beauty of creation. We believe that students’ educations should prepare them for life, not just an academic year.
What’s Inside Exploring Creation with Physical Science, 3rd Edition eBook?
There are even more hands-on activities than the previous editions. In addition to the required experiments, we’ve added optional “You Do Science” sections that are quick and easy activities to help students truly comprehend the concepts they are learning. There are 36 experiments and 17 “You Do Science” activities.
While students complete all experiments, only one formal lab report is required per module. Students are instructed on both informal and formal lab report writing techniques and will document all of their work in their notebooks. Don’t worry, we walk through and explain every step and why it is essential!
Listed here is a sampling of topics covered. Click the View Sample button to view the entire Table of Contents, sample module from the textbook, and a sample from the Student Notebook.
- Science – The Basics
- Chemistry – Properties and States of Matter
- Chemistry – Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table
- Chemistry – Chemical Bonds
- Chemistry – Reactions and Energy
- Physics – Motion
- Physics – Forces
- Physics – Energy
- Physics – Waves and Sound
- Physics – Light
- Physics – Electricity and Magnetism
- Earth Science – Our Earth
- Earth Science – Our Atmosphere and Beyond
- Chemistry and Physics in the Life Sciences
- Physical Science Research
- Recommended level: 8th grade
- This ebook does not include the Solutions and Tests Manual.
Links open in a new tab.