In Apologia’s Live Online General Science class, students will study a variety of branches of science while establishing the connections between them. Using engaging real-life examples and hands-on experiments, this course will teach students what science is and how to utilize the proper scientific method.
Course Credit: One Middle School Science Credit
Students may sign up for any of the following class times:
- Mondays, 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. EST
- Mondays, 1:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. EST
Required Class Materials
- Seligson, Sherri, Exploring Creation with General Science Textbook, 3rd Ed. Apologia Educational Ministries. 2019. (ISBN 978-1-946506-30-6)
- Exploring Creation with General Science Student Notebook, 3rd Ed.
- Lab materials—a supply list can be found in the textbook
- Computer with microphone
- The History of Science—Search for the Truth
- Scientific Inquiry and the Scientific Method
- Documenting and Interpreting Experimental Results
- Scientific Analysis and History
- Earth Science—Astronomy
- Earth Science—Geology and Paleontology
- Earth Science—Meteorology and Oceanography
- General Chemistry
- General Physics
- Life Science
- General Biology
- Marine Science
- Environmental Science
- Science and Creation
This course is specifically designed to walk students through the transition from elementary to middle school sciences. This course has many hands-on science experiments that can be completed with household materials.
All classes are video recorded and available for students to watch later so they don’t miss any instruction.
We welcome international students from across the world. Please note that all classes are taught in the eastern time zone.
To find more information about live classes, visit our support center.
*Please review all live class terms and conditions.