MISSION, VISION, & VALUES
The mission of Apologia Educational Ministries is to publish curriculum and resources and provide services that help homeschooling students and families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith.
We often state this briefly as follows:
The mission of Apologia is to help homeschooling families learn, live, and defend the Christian faith.
Our vision is to see millions of parents all over the world disciple and educate their children at home from birth all the way to high school graduation.
That would be awesome!
The way in which Apologia performs its work and ministry is best described by way of our corporate values. As a company with a Christ-centered mission and a desire to operate according to biblical principles and standards, we place a high value on the following ideals that reflect what is truly important to us in the foundation of our company culture, our brand, and our business strategies:
- Family, as biblically ordained by God, where a marriage is composed of one man and one woman, and where children are viewed as blessings. The family needs of our employees are a higher priority than their work.
- Home Education, in which parents take an active and direct role in training, discipling, and educating their children within the context of a loving and Christ-centered family relationship. We desire to confidently and enthusiastically lead, serve, and advocate for the homeschooling community.
- Stewardship, in which we acknowledge God as the owner of Apologia, understanding that He has entrusted us with the talents and resources to manage and multiply the business and ministry in a profitable manner for His glory. And we rely on Him for the results.
- Biblical Principles and Godly Wisdom in all of life, business, ministry, and decision-making processes with a desire to bring glory to God.
- Prayer as an important and effective part of our corporate culture and in seeking God’s direction and intervention in our family, business, and ministry.
- Teamwork, knowing that every person working for Apologia is made in the image of God and yet is unique with a different combination of skills, strengths, personalities, backgrounds, and life circumstances. We believe that by trusting each other, giving mutual respect, and a sharing a unified purpose to bring glory to God, our teams can work in harmony, collaborate in satisfying ways, achieve common goals, and accomplish more by working together
- Winning. We are passionate about being the #1 publisher in creation-based science and Bible and continuing the Apologia tradition of producing award-winning books and resources in new subject areas.
- Open and Honest Communication in all working relationships, practicing the highest ethical standards, with the desire to listen well and seek understanding while instilling an atmosphere of trust, accountability, and integrity.
- Seeking Win-Win solutions with employees, contractors, customers, suppliers, authors, partners, and anyone involved in our business dealings.
- Synergistic Partnerships, in which we lock arms with other individuals, organizations, ministries, and companies who share our values and have related products/services and the desire to work in cooperative harmony, avoid reinventing the wheel, and realize fruit from our Kingdom-building efforts more effectively than if we did it alone.
STATEMENT of FAITH
The owners, management, and staff at Apologia are Christians who come from many different traditions and denominational backgrounds. But they all hold the following fundamental, foundational, and orthodox beliefs in common:
- We believe in one God who exists in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe God’s attributes include being Almighty, Eternal, Holy, Loving, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Sovereign.
- We believe the Bible, comprised of 39 Old Testament books and 27 New Testament books, is the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God.
- We believe truth exists, is knowable, and is absolute.
- We believe God created the heavens and the earth out of nothing in six days.
- We believe man is made in the image of God.
- We believe the first man, Adam, sinned and brought death into the world.
- We believe Jesus is eternal, was not created, is the only begotten Son of God, is the Christ (i.e., Messiah), was born of a virgin, and lived a sinless life.
- We believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.
- We believe Jesus ascended into heaven and will return at a time known only by the Father.
- We believe salvation is not by good works but is by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- We believe Christians are to have compassion for the unbeliever, love others as Christ loved us, and share their faith with others.
- We believe that the dead in Christ will be resurrected, receiving new bodies, to spend eternity with God in a new heaven and a new earth.