Apologia’s award-winning, creation-based physical science curriculum helps students investigate, discover, recognize, appreciate, discuss, and understand the wonders of Creation.
Middle school students are actually taught the methods they will need to succeed in high school science courses. Using a conversational tone, we present challenging science concepts and thought-provoking experiments in an easily navigated, personalized format to help students methodically learn, self-check, and master difficult concepts before moving on. We also keep science relevant. Additional online materials are available through a book extras portal so that students can see science in action.
- To receive a full refund, all items within this set must be returned unopened. If only some of the products are returned the refund amount will be adjusted accordingly and the discount will be forfeited.
- Once the Solutions and Test Manual is opened, it is not eligible for a return.
What’s Included In Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Physical Science, 2nd Edition Advantage Set™
A detailed description of the student textbook, Student Notebook, and Solutions and Test Manual follows below.
If all we ever offer our students is a textbook version of science, they will never get to “own” a discovery that they make during an experiment. Our world is not a world of chaos, and once students begin to see that they can observe a phenomenon, ask questions, and set up a methodical test to answer questions, science will no longer be a class but rather a means to discover their world.
This middle school physical science course is specifically designed to be the second course taken during junior high. It is created to give middle school students an understanding of the basic world that surrounds them each day of their lives and the forces in creation so that they can appreciate the real-world relevance of scientific inquiry and the beauty of creation. We believe that students’ educations should prepare them for life, not just an academic year.
Our award-winning, homeschool, junior high physical science course covers:
- Measurement and Units so that students can convert between units in the scientific study
- The Earth, Atmosphere, Hydrosphere, and Lithosphere so that students can appreciate the wonder of our blue planet
- Weather so that students can understand the factors that affect the Earth’s weather and how the weather is predicted
- An Introduction to Physics to understand the mechanics of motion, forces, and energy
- Newton’s Laws and the Forces in Creation to understand friction, static and kinetic energy, gravity, electromagnetic forces, and electrical circuits
- Solar System, Stars, and Galaxies to introduce the wonders of our universe
- An Introduction to Chemistry for a basic introduction to atoms and molecule
Throughout their academic school year, your students will conduct controlled experiments where they observe a problem, ask a question, formulate a testable hypothesis, and then conduct the experiment and analyze the data to see if their results support their hypothesis. It involves quantitative data that require measurements. The lab portion of Apologia guides students through this process.
A typical week requires studying science for about 1 hour a day for 5 days. During this time, students read an assigned portion of their textbook, stopping throughout each section to answer “On Your Own” questions to test their comprehension before moving forward. Students self-check their answers against the detailed answers provided at the end of each module.
Laboratory exercises are conducted throughout each module so that students have a hands-on lab component in their scientific study. These have been designed to easily work in the homeschool environment.
At the end of each of 16 modules which take about 2 weeks each to complete, there are Study Guides to help students review their materials before taking their exams. Detailed answers to these questions are provided in the Solutions and Test Manual.
The sample will open in a new window.
This is a great way to help your junior high students develop the independent study skills they’ll need as they prepare to make the transition to high school. This companion notebook designed to be used with Exploring Creation with Physical Science, 2nd Edition, will deepen their understanding of the textbook as they explore what God’s Word has to say about the workings of His creation. Includes bonus material from Debra Bell’s Study Smart Student Toolkit.
The Student Notebook includes:
- A detailed, yet flexible, day-to-day schedule that your students can follow to stay on track with their assigned course
- Module organization and note-taking space to help guide your student in their independence
- Complete lab forms for your students to fill in and document laboratory work
- Additional materials that go beyond the science in the textbook and into the science of the real world
- Rubrics for grading lab reports
Solutions and Test Manual
The softbound Solutions and Test Manual, which contains answers to Study Guide questions, module summaries, tests, and test solutions. A set of Test Pages is shrink-wrapped with the manual. Please Note: Once the shrink wrap is removed, this product is not eligible for return.
Because of the differences between the first and second editions, students in a group setting cannot use both. They must all have the same edition.
Additional Information About Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Physical Science, 2nd Edition
New to Apologia Science or want more in-depth information? Visit the Physical Science information page to read more.