The Student Notebook for our high school biology course is specifically designed to help homeschool students be independent and take responsibility for their science studies as they gain and maintain the personal abilities to create structure and logic through note taking.
- Coming Soon – Exploring Creation with Biology 3rd Edition. Once the Biology 2nd Edition products are sold out, they will be out of print. If you are still in need of the 2nd edition products once we are out of stock, please check with Christian Book, Rainbow Resource Center, or any of our other retail partners.
Note-taking helps increase retention of information, review for tests, and produce a record of their thoughts as they connect the ideas presented in the textbook with their own ideas.
Additionally, a student notebook helps students keep a carefully organized, detailed, and complete lab notebook, recording labs they conducted using proper scientific methodology.
Taking good notes can make the difference between mastering a concept and not quite understanding it. Good notes provide the following advantages:
- Students stay focused on what they are reading.
- Students pay closer attention, which will increase their retention.
- Students have their own version of the text to review for tests.
- Students learn to connect new information to what they already know.
Apologia Student Notebooks are specifically designed to help students be independent and take responsibility for their science studies as they gain and maintain their personal abilities to create structure and logic through note taking.
The notebook contains:
- A daily schedule
- Note-taking pages
- Instruction in the Cornell note-taking system Space to answer all study questions found in the textbook
- Lab report forms for each experiment in the text will help your student master the process of writing a complete lab report
- Illustrations that are not found in the textbook which ensure that the student is indeed learning all that they can from their labs
- “Design Your Own Experiment” section walks students through the steps involved in designing and conducting their own experiments
About the Student Notebook author: Vicki Dincher holds a master’s degree in biology. Her four children, all homeschooled, have earned or are pursuing graduate degrees in the sciences. Vicki has taught high school science, including Advanced Placement courses, since 1995.
The sample opens in a new window.
Read Additional Information About Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Biology, 2nd Edition
New to Apologia Science or want more in-depth information? Visit the Biology, 2nd Edition information page to read more.
Vicki Dincher, author of the Biology Student Notebook answers your questions via video: