Colleges want to see a lab component on your student’s high school transcript. This isn’t optional, and Apologia’s award-winning homeschool high school chemistry course and the Student Notebook is designed to meet this requirement without stressing your homeschool environment.
The Student Notebook for our high school chemistry course is specifically designed to help homeschool students be independent and take responsibility for their science studies as they gain and maintain the personal abilities to create structure and logic through note taking.
Plus, note-taking helps increase retention of information, review for tests, and produce a record of their thoughts as they connect the ideas presented in the textbook with their own ideas.
Additionally, a student notebook helps students keep a carefully organized, detailed, and complete lab notebook, recording labs they conducted using proper scientific methodology.
Taking good notes can make the difference between mastering a concept and not quite understanding it. Good notes provide the following advantages:
- Students stay focused on what they are reading.
- Students pay closer attention, which will increase their retention.
- Students have their own version of the text to review for tests.
- Students learn to connect new information to what they already know.
Apologia Student Notebooks are specifically designed to help students be independent and take responsibility for their science studies as they gain and maintain their personal abilities to create structure and logic through note taking. The notebook contains:
- A daily schedule
- Note-taking pages
- Lab report pages enable students to meticulously document their laboratory work in a manner that prepares them for college laboratory studies.
- Instruction in creating and interpreting line graphs from data, an essential skill all students need to thrive in science.
About the Student Notebook author: Vicki Dincher holds a master’s degree in biology. Her four children, all homeschooled, have earned or are pursuing graduate degrees in the sciences. Vicki has taught high school science, including Advanced Placement courses, since 1995.
This sample opens in a new window.
Read Additional Information About Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Chemistry, 3rd Edition
New to Apologia Science or want more in-depth information? Visit the Chemistry, 3rd Edition, information page to read more.