The use of this book and the process of coloring the body and its systems is one of the best ways to learn and memorize anatomical details and nomenclature. Apologia suggests using Kaplan’s Anatomy Coloring Book, 9th Edition, with our Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology, 2nd Edition curriculum, as it offers realistic drawings, easy-to-understand descriptions, and important terms for an effective way to learn human anatomy. Many college and medical students use this book in their human anatomy courses.
This coloring book features detailed illustrations of the body’s anatomical systems in a spacious page design with no back-to-back images so there is no bleed-through! Plus, Color Guides on every 2-page spread offer instructions for the best coloring results so you can get the most out of your study.
- More than 450 detailed, realistic medical illustrations, including microscopic views of cells and tissues
- Exclusive perforated, flashcard-format illustrations of 96 muscle structures to color and study on-the-go
- Clear descriptive overview on the page opposite each illustration, with key learning terms in boldface
- Self-quizzing for each illustration, with convenient same-page answer keys
- Full coverage of the major body systems, plus physiological information on cells, tissues, muscles, and development
- New in the 9th edition: contextualizing views of the brainstem, axial and appendicular skeleton, and compartments of the thigh and leg
While the 9th edition coloring book is 100% compatible with Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology, 2nd Edition, the page numbers in the Coloring Book Exercises in the textbook were set using an earlier edition. The 9th edition has a slightly altered pagination. We have created a compatibility chart as a reference to find the corresponding pages for each Coloring Book Exercise in the curriculum. You can find a pdf document on our website in the FAQ Knowledge Base under the Curriculum Support category for Advanced Biology, that you can print off for convenient reference.