The Student Notebook for Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition, a resource to complement Apologia’s homeschool high school human body course, is specifically designed to help homeschool students be independent and take responsibility for their science studies as they gain and maintain the personal abilities to create structure and logic through note-taking.
- Prerequisites: Biology & Chemistry
- Recommended Grade: 12
- As there are many good options for a student to choose from, we have decided to let the student and/or instructor pick the anatomy coloring book that best fits their needs. Many anatomy coloring books cover the same basic human body functions and the process of coloring anatomical images helps students make connections to the text they are reading. Therefore, we recommend that where the 2nd edition textbook gives specific page numbers for the Kaplan coloring book, the student use this information to locate similar pages in his or her coloring book. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you understand.
Note-taking helps increase retention of information, review for tests, and produce a record of their thoughts as they connect the ideas presented in the textbook with their own ideas. Additionally, a student notebook helps students keep a carefully organized, detailed, and complete lab notebook, recording labs they conducted using proper scientific methodology.
Taking good notes can make the difference between mastering a concept and not quite understanding it. Good notes provide the following advantages:
- Students stay focused on what they are reading.
- Students pay closer attention, which will increase their retention.
- Students have their own version of the text to review for tests.
- Students learn to connect new information to what they already know.
Apologia Student Notebooks are specifically designed to help students be independent and take responsibility for their science studies as they gain and maintain their personal abilities to create structure and logic through note-taking.
The notebook contains:
- A daily schedule
- Note-taking pages
- Instruction in the Cornell note-taking system Space to answer all study questions found in the textbook
- Lab report forms for each experiment in the text will help your student master the process of writing a complete lab report
- Illustrations that are not found in the textbook which ensure that the student is indeed learning all that they can from their labs
- “Design Your Own Experiment” section walks students through the steps involved in designing and conducting their own experiments
About the Student Notebook author: Vicki Dincher holds a master’s degree in biology. Her four children, all homeschooled, have earned or are pursuing graduate degrees in the sciences. Vicki has taught high school science, including Advanced Placement courses, since 1995.
Click the button below to view a sample.
The sample opens in a new window.
Additional Information About Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology, 2nd Edition
New to Apologia Science or want more in-depth information? Visit the Biology, 2nd Edition information page to read more.