God’s oceans are an amazing ecosystem full of fascinating, even bizarre creatures with cool abilities that are extremely intriguing. Sherri Seligson’s own excitement about the world of marine biology is contagious and draws students into that underwater realm to explore with her. This is one of the few homeschool science courses that include an entire education on ecology. The creator-God designed the earth’s astonishing ecosystem for his glory and the needs of his creatures, and it is a crucially important science for Christians in our day to understand accurately.
This fascinating homeschool Marine Biology course is recommended for high school students with knowledge of general biology and assumes that students have previously participated in biological lab activities such as experiments, dissections, and microscopy.
Recommended Grade Level: 10th-12th
What’s Included In Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Marine Biology, 2nd Edition, Basic Set?
The Exploring Creation with Marine Biology, 2nd Edition, Basic Set includes the softcover student textbook and Solutions and Tests Manual (a set of Test Pages is shrink-wrapped with the manual).
- Please note that our second edition marine biology textbook has been reprinted in a softcover version.
- To receive a full refund, all items within this set must be returned unopened. If only some of the products are returned the refund amount will be adjusted accordingly and the discount will be forfeited.
- Once the Solutions and Test Manual is opened, it is not eligible for a return.
Overview of Exploring Creation with Marine Biology, 2nd Edition, Softcover Textbook
Apologia is known for texts that are very accessible — conversational and easy to absorb — even when the matter being discussed is very complex in nature. This text by Sherri Seligson is a prime example of that. It is clear that she is at once an extremely knowledgeable scientist and someone who has homeschooled her own children and knows how to teach and communicate with them well.
Topics covered include:
- The Process of Life
- Geography of the Oceans
- Reproduction in the Sea
- Classifying Life in the Sea
- Kingdom Protista: The Unicellular Algae
- Kingdom Protista: The Marine Protozoans
- Kingdom Protista: The Multicellular Algae
- Kingdom Monera
- Kingdom Fungi
- Kingdom Plantae
- Marine Invertebrates
- Marine Vertebrates
- Marine Ecology
- The Intertidal Zone
- Estuary Communities
- Coral Reefs
- Continental Shelf Communities
- The Epipelagic Zone
- The Deep Ocean
- Ocean Resources
- Effects of Humans of the Sea
Solutions & Tests Manual
The Solutions and Tests Manual for Exploring Creation with Biology, 2nd Edition, contains answers to Study Guide questions, module summaries, tests, and test solutions. A set of Test Pages is shrink-wrapped with the manual. Please Note: Once the shrink wrap is removed, this product is not eligible for return.