Apologia’s online homeschool Advanced Biology course provides students with self-directed learning tools to ensure they thrive and master the concepts taught throughout this course.
Students will receive access to the self-paced version of Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition, for 1 year from the date of purchase. They will complete the course via the Canvas learning platform.
This online course includes the following:
- Textbook – Students receive access to a digital version of the textbook Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition.
- Audiobook – An audio narration of the textbook enhances online reading and is beneficial for auditory learners or students with reading difficulty.
- Video Lessons – Instructor Sherri Seligson provides video lessons throughout each module to strengthen students’ learning of the concepts presented in the course.
- Hands-on Experiments – Easy-to-do, at-home experiments are featured via video lessons to help students conduct hands-on experiments themselves.
- Review Questions and Answers – Independent review questions and answers and a Study Guide are included in each module to allow students to practice the concepts taught and prepare for end-of-module tests.
- AutoGrade+ – AutoGrade+ provides dynamic online testing for Apologia courses with multiple attempts, immediate answer feedback, and automatic grade recording. AutoGrade+ can be purchased separately for an additional student if needed.
NOTE: You will not receive any physical copies of the textbook, MP3 Audio CD, or Solutions and Tests Manual. These items are incorporated into the online, self-paced portal.
Try a Demo
Try a free demo of Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition, which features Module 1 as a test drive! The demo has no time limit and includes all the features found in the paid course.Try Demo
Before purchasing, please be sure you have read the browser and system requirements for Canvas, the platform on which Apologia’s self-paced courses are built. If you are unsure whether your system meets these requirements, please try the free demo.
Refund requests for an Apologia self-paced course must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days from the date of purchase, with only module 1 having been accessed.
This online homeschool Advanced Biology course is a college-preparatory course that provides an advanced study of both the anatomy and physiology of the human body’s 11 organ systems:
All Apologia courses are written directly to the student, so even complex topics are accessible and easy to understand.
Students who have successfully completed high school biology and chemistry may take this course. Upon completing the entire course, including documenting in a lab notebook all of the labs, experiments, and dissections, students may list it as an honors course on their high school transcripts. Please note that the reproductive system is covered in detail, including accurate yet respectful illustrations and descriptions.
Engaging Video Lessons
Each section of the textbook features engaging videos to help your student better absorb the information presented in the text. Instructor Sherri Seligson uses visual animations and on-location video clips to explain more complicated concepts in a three-dimensional, interactive way.
We’ve also included video demonstrations of all the experiments so your student can easily set up experiments at home.
Throughout this homeschool course, your student will connect video lesson instruction with hands-on experiments for maximum learning. Experiments utilize easy-to-obtain household items.
Automatically Graded Tests
The tests for the self-paced version of this course have been exclusively designed with automatic grading. After completing a test, students receive immediate results and explanations for any incorrect answers so they can re-review concepts as needed. They may repeat the test a second time to ensure they’ve understood all the material. The higher score of the two attempts will be recorded as the test grade.
Recommended Course Materials
The Student Notebook for Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition, is highly recommended and is sold separately.Purchase Student Notebook
Apologia Student Notebooks are specifically designed to help students work independently and take responsibility for their studies.
The Student Notebook contains the following:
- Notetaking pages
- Instruction in the Cornell notetaking system
- Space to answer all study questions found in the textbook
- Lab report forms for each experiment in the text
- Illustrations that are not found in the textbook and that ensure students are indeed learning all they can from their labs
- “Design Your Own Experiment” sections, which walk students through the steps involved in designing and conducting their own experiments
Notetaking helps students retain information, review for tests, and produce a record of their thoughts as they connect the concepts presented in the textbook with their own ideas. Taking good notes can make the difference between mastering a concept and not quite understanding it.
Additionally, our Student Notebooks help students keep a carefully organized, detailed, and complete lab notebook. Using the included lab report forms, students can record the information they gather during experiments and master the process of writing a formal lab report.Purchase Student Notebook
Kaplan’s Anatomy Coloring Book
The process of coloring anatomical images helps students make connections to the text they are reading. This course assigns activities from Kaplan’s Anatomy Coloring Book, 8th Edition.Purchase Anatomy Coloring Book