Who Am I? And What Am I Doing Here? is the second book in the homeschool What We Believe curriculum series. What children believe is important–it shapes who they are and the choices they make. But it’s growing increasingly difficult for them to understand what is true and what isn’t. They are inundated with competing messages about truth and every song, show, book and game offers its own version of morality, identity and faith. This course is designed to equip your student with the ability to understand the truth about God, the story He is writing in the world, and how He wants to work in and through them.
Who Am I? And What Am I Doing Here? is a study designed to help your student understand how they are fearfully and wonderfully made by God and to reflect His character. It will also offer a biblical perspective of identity that will help you and your student as you have conversations about identity. Some biblical truths they’ll encounter in this course include:
- God made me in His image
- He has given me special gifts and a unique purpose in life
- I can creatively express God’s love
- I am meant to think about beautiful and praiseworthy things, especially God and His Word
- I must make decisions based on God’s truth
- I can always know the wise thing to do
- I must cultivate the fruit of the Spirit in my life
- I am a beloved child of God whose true identity is found in Christ.
As they study the lessons in the textbook, engage with the notebooking journal (sold separately), and work through the activities, they’ll cover a wide range of lesson topics that answer questions such as:
- What are we doing here?
- What will you make today?
- What’s on your mind?
- Can you trust your feelings?
- Will you choose wisely?
- How will you run the race?
- What kind of fruit are you growing?
- Who do you think you are?