The Exploring Creation with Botany Notebooking Journal pairs strategically with the botany textbook. This notebooking journal will serve as your student’s individual notebook and the place for them to complete all of their assignments. They will illustrate and record fascinating facts and information learned during each lesson, complete the notebooking assignments on specially designed templates, record experiments, activities, and projects, complete vocabulary crossword puzzles, put together beautifully designed miniature books, and more!
The Benefits of Using a Notebooking Journal
Keeping a scientific notebook has always been a standard scientific practice. Apologia’s notebooking journals have been designed to:
- Engage students in the scientific process and help make the lessons stick as they document their scientific findings and learning
- Make space for unique personal written and artistic expressions as your student engages both sides of their brain
- Be flexible and allow for age-appropriate learning. For example, a twelve-year-old student may write an essay and make an elaborate illustration, while a six-year-old may write one sentence with a stick-figure drawing
- Help students record experiences, observations, and thoughts
- Provide a written history that students can reference as they explore new subject areas
- Give your student a place where they can record and organize experiences and observations
- Provide a place to review their notes, create opinions, and draw conclusions about the way their world works
The Notebooking Journal Includes:
- Suggested Daily Schedule
- Breakdown of daily assignments detailing exactly what needs to be done each day
- Creative templates for completing the notebooking assignments
- Fascinating Facts templates for your student to record what he or she learned in each lesson, using both words and illustrations
- Space to answer the What Do You Remember? questions that are listed in each module which serve as review
- Space to record their results from hands-on activities
The notebooking journal for Exploring Creation with Botany, 2nd Edition, is specifically designed with your elementary student in mind and can be easily used with multiple ages within a family. The Notebooking Journal is fun and interactive with lots of colorful, hands-on, lap-booking-like activities to add to your child’s excitement with science.
One Notebooking Journal for All Ages
Apologia’s junior and regular notebooking journals are being revised and combined into one notebooking journal designed for all ages from K-6th. These updated journals encourage and simplify multi-age family learning.
NOTE: The updated notebooking journals do not include primary handwriting lines, so if you have younger students, you may wish to add the handwriting guidelines or have them dictate to you what they wish to have written. Learn more about adapting a notebooking journal for your youngest explorer.