God’s oceans are an amazing ecosystem full of fascinating, even bizarre creatures with cool abilities that are extremely intriguing. Sherri Seligson’s own excitement about the world of marine biology is contagious and draws students into that underwater realm to explore with her. This is one of the few homeschool science courses that include an entire education on ecology. The creator-God designed the earth’s astonishing ecosystem for his glory and the needs of his creatures, and it is a crucially important science for Christians in our day to understand accurately.
This fascinating homeschool Marine Biology course is recommended for high school students with knowledge of general biology and assumes that students have previously participated in biological lab activities such as experiments, dissections, and microscopy.
Recommended Grade Level: 10th-12th
What’s Included In Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Marine Biology, 2nd Edition, Advantage Set?
- Exploring Creation with Marine Biology, 2nd Edition Textbook
- Exploring Creation with Marine Biology, 2nd Edition Student Notebook
- Exploring Creation with Marine Biology, 2nd Edition Solutions and Tests Manual (a set of Test Pages is shrink-wrapped with the manual)
- Please note that our Marine Biology second edition textbook has been reprinted in a softcover version. This set contains the new softcover textbook.
- To receive a full refund, all items within this set must be returned unopened. If only some of the products are returned the refund amount will be adjusted accordingly and the discount will be forfeited.
- Once the Solutions and Tests Manual is opened, it is not eligible for a return.
Overview of Exploring Creation with Marine Biology, 2nd Edition, Softcover Textbook
Apologia is known for texts that are very accessible — conversational and easy to absorb — even when the matter being discussed is very complex in nature. This softcover student text by Sherri Seligson is a prime example of that. It is clear that she is at once an extremely knowledgeable scientist and someone who has homeschooled her own children and knows how to teach and communicate with them well.
Topics covered include:
- The Process of Life
- Geography of the Oceans
- Reproduction in the Sea
- Classifying Life in the Sea
- Kingdom Protista: The Unicellular Algae
- Kingdom Protista: The Marine Protozoans
- Kingdom Protista: The Multicellular Algae
- Kingdom Monera
- Kingdom Fungi
- Kingdom Plantae
- Marine Invertebrates
- Marine Vertebrates
- Marine Ecology
- The Intertidal Zone
- Estuary Communities
- Coral Reefs
- Continental Shelf Communities
- The Epipelagic Zone
- The Deep Ocean
- Ocean Resources
- Effects of Humans of the Sea
Solutions & Tests Manual
The Solutions and Tests Manual for Exploring Creation with Marine Biology, 2nd Edition, contains answers to Study Guide questions, module summaries, tests, and test solutions. A set of Test Pages is shrink-wrapped with the manual.
Please Note: Once the shrink wrap is removed, this product is not eligible for return.
This high-quality spiral-bound notebook is specifically designed to help your student make a successful transition to high school science. This homeschool resource will help them feel accomplished and be more independent, organized, and prepared.
Note-taking helps increase retention of information, review for tests, and produce a record of their thoughts as they connect the ideas presented in the textbook with their own ideas.
Taking good notes can make the difference between mastering a concept and not quite understanding it. Good notes provide the following advantages:
- Students stay focused on what they are reading.
- Students pay closer attention, which will increase their retention.
- Students have their own version of the text to review for tests.
- Students learn to connect new information to what they already know.
Additionally, the Student Notebook helps students keep a carefully organized, detailed, and complete lab notebook, recording labs they conducted using proper scientific methodology.
Apologia Student Notebooks are specifically designed to help students be independent and take responsibility for their science studies as they gain and maintain their personal abilities to create structure and logic through note taking.
About the Student Notebook author: Vicki Dincher holds a master’s degree in biology. Her four children, all homeschooled, have earned or are pursuing graduate degrees in the sciences. Vicki has taught high school science, including Advanced Placement courses, since 1995.