The Notebooking Journal enables students to personalize what they learn. It is specifically designed with the elementary student in mind and includes a variety of activities to help kids engage with God’s Word. Each lesson begins with a coloring page for your student to color while they listen to the daily reading. These pages provide opportunities for your student to learn actively while reinforcing the lesson’s content. Following this are activities designed to encourage creative expression and real-life application of what they’re learning.
The Notebooking Journal is designed to:
- Help your student retain what they’ve learned and provide documentation of your student’s education. The unique personally written and artistic expressions incorporate both sides of the child’s brain.
- Be flexible and allow for meaningful, multilevel learning. A twelve-year-old student may write a short essay and create an elaborate illustration in the same activity, while her six-year-old sibling may write one sentence with a stick-figure drawing.
- Help students record experiences, observations, thoughts, and prayers.
- Provide students tools for engaging with God’s Word and applying it to their lives.
- Establish a written record that students can refer back to as they continue to explore the Word more deeply and grow spiritually.