Astronomy Notebooking Journal for Exploring Creation with Astronomy, 2nd Edition
A perfect complement to Exploring Creation with Astronomy textbook, the Astronomy Notebooking Journal provides everything your student needs to complete this study of astronomy and will serve as your child’s place to complete every assignment.
- A Suggested Daily Schedule with a breakdown of exactly what they need to complete each day
- Templates for your student to record what he or she learned in each lesson, using both words and illustrations
- Note-taking pages with prompts to help teach the student how to identify and record important information from the text
- Scripture Copywork (both print and cursive practice), a valuable method for practicing handwriting, memorizing Scripture, and teaching spelling, grammar, and writing
- Creative templates for completing the notebooking assignments
- Project Pages and other sheets for your student to use to keep records of experiments, projects, and activities completed throughout the course
- Beautiful, full-color Miniature Books for your student to create, encouraging him or her to record facts and information learned in each lesson
- Helpful and engaging graphics to help your student visualize and understand concepts
The Benefits of Using a Notebooking Journal
- Facilitate retention and provide documentation of your student’s education. The unique personal written and artistic expressions incorporate both sides of the brain.
- Allows flexibility for multilevel learning. A twelve-year-old student may write an essay and make an elaborate illustration, while a six-year-old may write one sentence with a stick-figure drawing.
- Improves writing skills and penmanship.
- Help students record experiences, observations, and thoughts.
- Engage students in the scientific process.
- Provide a written history that students can reference as they explore new subject areas.
- Give your student a place where they can record and organize experiences and observations.
- Provides a place for students to review their notes, create opinions, and draw conclusions about the way their world works.
One Notebooking Journal for All Ages
Apologia’s junior and regular notebooking journals are being revised and combined into one notebooking journal designed for all ages from K-6th. These updated journals encourage and simplify multi-age family learning.
NOTE: The updated notebooking journals do not include primary handwriting lines, so if you have younger students, you may wish to add the handwriting guidelines or have them dictate to you what they wish to have written. Learn more about adapting a notebooking journal for your youngest explorer.