This National Optical-brand, model 131-RLED cordless/rechargeable microscope is designed to meet or exceed high school teaching requirements, is ruggedly built, and includes all the teaching essentials. This microscope can be used with Biology, Marine Biology, and Advanced Biology.
Note: Lab equipment may only be shipped to an address in the 48 contiguous United States. Please note that lab equipment, which includes this item, is not eligible for return or refund.
- Widefield 10x eyepiece with revolving pointer. Accepts optional #965-160 eyepiece reticle.
- 45° inclined viewing head rotates 360° for easy repositioning of eyepiece and sharing by more than one student.
- DIN 4x, 10x, and 40xR, objectives are achromatic, parfocalled, parcentered, and color coded.
- 3-hole nosepiece is ball-bearing mounted for more precise alignment, and has positive click stops.
- LED light rated up to 50,000 hours life, illumination equal to a 20 watt tungsten bulb.
- Equipped with 3 AA rechargeable NiMH batteries and auto-cutoff charger with LED charge indicator.
- Single 8 hour charge allows up to 50 hours of use.
- Variable on/off light control
- Rack & pinion coarse focus with tension adjustment, slip clutch, separate fine focus.
- Stage moves up or down, eyepiece and body remain fixed.
- Slip clutch prevents damage to focusing system.
- Tension adjustment eliminates stage drift.
- Safety rack stop prevents damage to slides and objective lenses.
- Large 110mm x 210 mm stage, with locked-on, spring mounted stage clips, drilled and tapped to accept optional mechanical stage.
- Built in 0.65 condenser lens
- Rugged cast metal, gray enamel finish.
- Height 360mm (14-1/8 in.) Net wt. 3.1 kgs (6.8 lbs)