The Word in Motion: New Testament Notebooking Journal for Apologia’s Homeschool Bible Curriculum
Apologia’s The Word in Motion is a two-volume Bible study curriculum that equips families to read the Word of God with passion, purpose, and big-picture understanding. In volume 2, The Word in Motion: New Testament Textbook, students will explore all the books of the New Testament. Volume 2 covers the people, places, events, and all twenty-seven books of the New Testament. Along the journey, students will gain a deeper understanding of how all the parts of the Bible fit together to form a single, glorious story of God’s love for humanity and His plan for our redemption. NOTE: Students will require both the textbook and their own notebooking journal to complete this course.
Notebooking Journal for The Word in Motion: New Testament
A key component of The Word in Motion: New Testament curriculum, the Notebooking Journal enables students to capture and personalize what they learn in an artful keepsake. This Notebooking Journal is specifically designed with the elementary student in mind and includes an abundance of activities to help kids engage with God’s Word. Everything your child learns in this course will be processed and documented somewhere in these pages. Therefore, each child will need to have his or her own Notebooking Journal. Please keep in mind that this resource may not be reproduced. Each lesson begins with a coloring page for the student to color while he or she listens to the reading of the text. These pages provide opportunities for active learning while reinforcing the lesson’s content. Following are activities designed to encourage creative expression and real-life application of what they’re learning. These activities also increase the student’s retention of names, events, the biblical narrative, and spiritual principles. To make the parents’ planning a breeze, a detailed schedule is included in the Notebooking Journal. This schedule clearly identifies the pages to read in the textbook and the pages to complete in the journal each day.
The Benefits of Using the Notebooking Journal
Apologia’s notebooking journals are designed to:
- Facilitate retention and provide documentation of your student’s education. The unique personal written and artistic expressions incorporate both sides of the child’s brain.
- Be flexible and allow for meaningful, multilevel learning. A twelve-year-old student may write a short essay and create an elaborate illustration in the same activity, while her six-year-old sibling may write one sentence with a stick-figure drawing.
- Help students record experiences, observations, thoughts, and prayers.
- Provide students tools for engaging with God’s Word and applying it to their lives.
- Establish a written record that students can refer back to as they continue to explore the Word more deeply and grow spiritually.
What Is Included in The Word in Motion: New Testament Notebooking Journal?
In this Notebooking Journal, you will find:
- A Suggested Schedule for completing the video teaching, textbook readings, and notebooking activities using a four-day-per-week plan
- Coloring pages
- Let’s Talk About It pages, where the student can write or draw what they take away from family discussions about the stories and books of the Bible
- Take It to Heart pages for copying and memorizing Scripture
- Activity pages with creative writing and drawing prompts to help your child think about and better understand biblical events and concepts introduced in each lesson
- Prayer pages for students to write or draw their own prayers to God and record answers to prayers
- Visual reminders of all motions and key words
Is the Student Notebooking Journal Required for the Course?
Yes, the notebooking journal is an integral part of The Word in Motion curriculum. Notebooking is a creative way for kids to personalize, engage with, and capture what they have learned in an artful keepsake. As kids do the activities in notebooking journals and think about their lives in light of each lesson, spiritual truths will come alive for them and provide the opportunity for real-life application. Everything they learn in this course, they will process and document somewhere in the notebooking journal pages. For these reasons, each student should have his or her own notebooking journal. The spiral-bound notebooking journal is a fun tool that enables students to personalize and capture what they have learned in an artful keepsake. Everything they learn will be processed and documented somewhere on these pages. Families will need to have one notebooking journal for each student. Please keep in mind that the pages cannot be reproduced. View the components of the bible homeschool course and browse a sample of the notebooking journal by clicking the button below.