The Chemistry and Physics Regular Notebooking Journal pairs strategically with the Chemistry and Physics Textbook. This notebooking journal will serve as your student’s individual notebook, and the place for them to complete all of their assignments. Not only does it include all the amazing features of our other notebooking journals in the Young Explorer Series, but it also includes an alternative Cold Climate Schedule as well as many additional activities, projects and experiments that your student can complete in one day or less. Throughout this course, they will draw and record fascinating facts and information learned during each lesson, complete the notebooking assignments on specially designed templates, record experiments, activities and projects, complete vocabulary crossword puzzles, put together beautifully designed miniature books, and more!
Keeping a scientific notebook has always been standard scientific practice. Apologia’s notebooking journals have been designed to:
- Engage students in the scientific process and help make the lessons stick as they document their scientific findings and learning
- Make space for unique personal written and artistic expressions as your student engages both sides of their brain
- Be flexible and allow for age-appropriate learning. For example, a twelve-year-old student may write an essay and make an elaborate illustration, while a six-year-old may write one sentence with a stick-figure drawing
- Help students record experiences, observations, and thoughts
- Provide a written history that students can reference as they explore new subject areas
- Give your student a place where they can record and organize experiences and observations
- Provide a place to review their notes, create opinions, and draw conclusions about the way their world works
The Notebooking Journal Includes:
- Suggested Daily Schedule
- Breakdown of daily assignments detailing exactly what needs to be done each day
- Creative templates for completing the notebooking assignments
- Fascinating Facts templates for your student to record what he or she learned in each lesson, using both words and illustrations
- Scripture Copywork, including both print and cursive practice, which is a valuable method for not only practicing handwriting but also memorizing Scripture and teaching spelling, grammar and writing
- Space to answer the On Your Own questions that are listed in each module which serve as review and prep for the tests
- Space to record their results from hands-on activities
- Creation Connection pages where students record their intellectual, emotional, and spiritual reactions to what they are learning
- Field Trip Sheets your student can use to keep a record of field trips or outings enjoyed during his or her studies
- A Final Review with fifty questions to be answered either orally or in writing to show off all your student remembers and knows about Chemistry and Physics
The Regular Notebooking Journal for Exploring Creation with Chemistry and Physics is recommended for students in grades 4-6, or those who have mastered handwriting, can take notes, and enjoy upper elementary level activities. The journals include lengthy and technical vocabulary crosswords, What Do You Remember? written review questions, and a final review section. These features are not included in the Junior Notebooking Journal.
The Junior Notebooking Journal is designed for younger students who are still developing basic writing skills. These journals have easier crossword puzzles and activities, easier crossword puzzles and activities, and wider writing lines.