Who is God? And Can I Really Know Him? is part of the What We Believe series and serves as a homeschool worldview curriculum for elementary and middle school students. What children believe is important – it shapes who they are and the choices they make. But it’s growing more difficult for them to understand what is true. They are inundated with competing messages about truth and every song, show, book and game offers its own version of morality, identity and faith. This course is designed to equip your student with the ability to understand complex and competing ideas so they can stand securely in the truth.
Children often ask honest and important questions about God and the world around them – questions that parents want to answer. Who Is God? And Can I Really Know Him? approaches many of the questions your student needs to understand to have a strong spiritual foundation. Who Is God? begins by introducing the concept of worldview and then builds upon it with the foundational truths of a Biblical Christian worldview. In this course, your student will explore concepts such as:
- God is truth, and He reveals His truth to people
- He is the one true and almighty God; He is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
- He created everything
- We are God’s children and are made to love and to praise Him
- God meets all of our needs
- Sin separates us from God
- Jesus is the only way to God
As they journey through the textbook, notebooking journal (sold separately), and activities, they’ll cover a wide range of lesson topics that answer questions such as:
- Where am I building my life?
- How can I know what’s true?
- What is God like?
- Who are the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit?
- If God created the world, why isn’t it perfect?
- Why did God create me?
- Will God meet all my needs?
- Why does sin keep me from knowing God?
- Is Jesus the only way to God?
Lesson Plans and Materials
There are 10 lessons in this one-year Who Is God? course. Detailed lesson plans as well as a suggested daily schedule are included in the notebooking journal (sold separately). This will set you and your student up for success as they work through the course, while also providing flexibility to meet the needs of your student and your family.
Packed with vivid photos and a variety of journaling prompts and activities that will help your student engage and grow in their faith, the student textbook and the student notebooking journal (sold separately) team up to bring learning to life. All of the activities and experiments use easy-to-obtain household items and truly make the lessons come alive!